Homework Help & Fun Sites
Access hundreds of videos,
audio books, and music titles
for a wide range of interests.
Come visit and take advantage of all the great services we have to
offer: StoryTimes for all ages and other events, suggested reads, puzzles
& games, links to resources and of course all of our great books, CDs,
videos, and recorded books.
The homework center will be open every Monday through Thursday, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. The Homework Center has 4 dedicated computers, free black and white prints (color prints are 25 cents), online and print references, and a dedicated staff member to provide assistance as you work on your homework projects.
SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Join us for our fun summer of reading and special events. This year's theme is On Your Mark, Get Set...Read. How many books can YOU read? Can you find the hidden bookmark each week? Check out our list of special events below:
Summer Reading Kickoff Party with Trevor the Games Man!
- Thursday, June 23
- 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Mario Kart Tournament
- Friday, July 8
- 1:00 -3:00 p.m., for Ages 6 to 13
Nursery Rhyme Relays
- Monday, July 11
- 11:00 a.m. to 12 Noon, for ages 3-8
FPL's 2016 Summer Olympics
- Thursday, July 14
- 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., for ages 5-12
Presto Pete & Incredulous Chris--Magic Show for Families
- Wednesday, July 20
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
3D Printing Class for Children
- Wednesday, July 27
- 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Registration required; for ages 8-13
Museum of Science--Reptile Show
- Thursday, July 28
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.--for all ages
Box Tower Contest--our Third Year
- Tuesday, August 2
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m., ages 6-12
Drive-In Movie Night
- Thursday, August 4
- 5:30 -7:00 p.m. ; ages 10 and under
Special JUNE Events
- Science, technology, arts and math activities, with Lezli Lee from MOC
- Ages 0-5
- Fridays June 3, 11 and 17, 10:30 a.m.
Owls After School Book Club
- Wednesdays @ 4 p.m.
- For ages 6-10
- Read a story and do a craft
- With Eva Kelly of the Fitchburg Public Schools
- June 16 at 4:30 p.m. Ages 5 and up
WEEKLY PROGRAMS IN THE YOUTH LIBRARY
- 10:30 - 11:30 - Read! Build! Play! Join us to read, build and play with Duplos to help your child develop their early literacy skills. Drop-in program for ages 2-5.
- 4-5 p.m. -Maker Mondays Experiment with electricity, type a poem, create some art. Ages 6-12
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. - Pokemon Game Night Play, swap cards, Magick, too!
- 10:30 a.m. - Storytime with Ms. Jane. Listen to stories about winter happenings
- 4- 4:45 p.m. - Afternoon craft with Ms. June
- 4 - 5 p.m. - Owls After School Book Club Read great books and discuss them. For ages 6-10
- 6 - 7 p.m. Stories and Yoga. All ages.
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Lego Club
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Gaming at the Library. Play Xbox or Wiigames with your friends at the library. Permission slip required. For ages 6-12.
Monday thru Thursday-HOMEWORK CENTER
3:30 – 5:00pm – Do your homework at the library! The homework center provides students ages 6 and up with a safe and supportive environment for their studies. Computers, reference materials and extra school supplies are available for students.
Family Storytime every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Every Tuesday, Miss Jane will delight your preschooler with stories, songs, and movement. Come and "shake your sillies out"!
On the first Tuesday of every month, Mister Wally joins us with his guitar for more fun!
Tuesday Crafts with Miss June
Time to get creative! Join our resident artist, Miss June, to create fun things every Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the Youth Library. For ages 6-12, no registration required.
Click for more info