There are sewer odors in my home. Should I call the City?

Residential & commercial plumbing systems have water traps built into the systems to prevent sewer gases from migrating into the buildings. Occasionally, on plumbing fixtures that aren’t often used, the water in the water trap can dry out and evaporate. Customers should run a gallon or two of water into the drains of fixtures to ensure that water traps have water. If the customers plumbing fixtures do not have water traps, or the water traps don’t seem to be working, the customer should contact a licensed plumber to inspect and repair the problem.

Show All Answers

1. What is an abatement?
2. In what area are there Sewer and Drain repairs? Will there be a detour?
3. What is a "billing unit" on my bill?
4. Why is my bill higher than before?
5. My property is only on City sewer, but is not on City water. How does the Wastewater Division set my bill?
6. What is the billing process, and is there a minimum charge?
7. There are sewer odors in my home. Should I call the City?
8. Who owns the sewer piping to my home?
9. Who do I call if there is a sewer service backup in my home or business, of if there is an observed sewer overflow in the street?