- Elected & Appointed Officials
- Boards & Commissions
- License Commission
- License Commission Schedule of 2023 Meetings
- 6 p.m. via Zoom Meeting Platform
- Generally, the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. If the 1st Monday of the month is a holiday the meeting is generally held on that Wednesday. Please call the City Clerk's office to be sure of a particular meeting date.
- There are no regular meetings held in August.
- The deadline to file paperwork to appear on any agenda is always the Wednesday prior to the meeting no later than 4:30PM.
- Fitchburg License Commission c/o City Clerk's Office
718 Main Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
Agendas & Minutes
View most recent agendas and minutes.
View agendas and minutes from 2007 to 2009.
- Daniel Sarefield, Chair
- Richard Boscardin
- John Zarrella
- Lt. Jeffrey Howe, Fitchburg Police Department, Ex-Officio Member
Purpose & Responsibilities
Per Chapter 120 Article 1 of the City Code, the Licensing Board is responsible for the issuance and monitoring of licenses with respect to the sale of alcoholic beverages, subject to the provisions of General Laws Chapter 138.
They license the following:
- Automatic amusement devices
- Common victuallers
- Lodging houses
- Student housing in student housing overlay district Solicitors/canvassers
- Taxi companies
- Taxi vehicles and taxi drivers
The Licensing Board is comprised of 3 residents. Pursuant to General Laws Chapter 138, subject to the provisions of Chapter 120 of the City Code of the 3, one must be from each of the two leading political parties. Commissioners are appointed to serve a six year term by the Mayor, subject to approval by the City Council.
Serving Alcohol Outdoors
Thinking of serving alcohol outdoors? You must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your licensed premise description must include the outdoor area
- You must comply with the Outdoor Seating regulations (PDF)
- You must have an Outdoor Cafe and Sales permit